Friday, December 17, 2004

A few good links to checkout

So, I'm still having internet problems at home and it doesn't appear that it will clear up anytime soon. So, my posts will continue to be infrequent for a while. But I am ever vigilant for news stories that support my ideas for the Democratic Party. I will continue to post as frequently as I can. I do plan to write a summary of my ideas and the ideas that I have seen floating around on the internet of what I think an overall plan should be Dems. Then I will most likely shift the focus of this blog just a little to point out ways in which the Republicans are not working for the American people and do not really represent American values the way I feel Democrats do.


Listen to Amy Goodman's interview with Donna Brazile and Manning Marable on the "Future of the Democratic Party."


Mark Shield's "Friendly Advice for Democrats."

Summary:

1. Know and speak your values.
2. Liberally quote republicans past and present who have espoused our values.
3. Speak about the obligations of citizenship, particularly our obligation to invest in our future.
4. Measure our progress as a society by measuring how well the least among us fair.

Not bad, not bad.

"Debunking Centrism" by Daivid Sirota--another good arguement to dissuade us from moving too far to the right.

Yet another reason not to shop at Wal-Mart
This site: Buyblue.org lists the companies that have donated money, either through PACs or employees, to political parties, how much and to whom. So, if you want to support companies that support the Democratic party, check them out here! Among the acceptable companies:
  • Starbucks------Thank God!!!!
  • Costco/Price Club
  • Sharper Image
  • Phoenix Oil and Gas
  • Shell
  • Trader Joe's--they are apolitical and do not donate either party, but they are sufficiently progressive to warrant mention by me.

Some companies that donate primarily to the Republican party:

  • Wal-Mart/Target/K-mart
  • BP/Exxon/Mobile/American Gas/Chevron/Texaco
  • Safeway
  • Hallmark
This is a very small sample of the information BuyBlue.org has on their site, so I encourage you to check it out.


Bluestateshirts.com
Just because its funny!

And, let's not forget the "Don't Blame Me, I voted for Kerry" paraphenalia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Liberal Blogs »
Blogarama - The Blog Directory this is a Proud Liberal Site