Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Back from Vacation

Well, I'm back from Christmas vacation and its time to start posting again. I see a lot has happened while I away.

First I need to breakaway from political talk to offer my heartfelt condolences to the people in Southeast Asia who are all suffering from the devestating effects of the tsunami that hit their region. It was just awful. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you try to recover from this disaster which very easily could have occurred anywhere in the world. Events like this are a constant reminder that our world is small.

I have already started pestering the multinational corp for whom I work, but shall remain nameless to donate huge sums of cash and supplies to that region. I've also requested that they encouage their employees to donate as well, which they have. Since they will match any dollar donated through the company to the Red Cross or any other organization, I am encouraging all of my co-workers to take advantage of this opportunity as I will myself.

Furthermore, I heartily encourage all people who read my site (yes, both of you) to donate to the Red Cross, UNICEF or any organization who is working to get relief to the people in this region.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Liberal Blogs »
Blogarama - The Blog Directory this is a Proud Liberal Site