Sunday, November 07, 2004

Continuing the dialogue

Someone sent me this link asking me if I was willing to keep the dialogue (between left and right I assume) going. It is an article written by George Will in the Sacramento Bee.

The crux of this article was more of the democrats-are-over-unless-they-dump-their-liberal-base-and-embrace-the-values-of-the-right banter that the media is full of right now, urging us to purge our party of the radical Michael Moore faction. Um, I guess the fact that Michael Moore is a self proclaimed Independent has escaped him.

Sigh. Where do I begin...

Of course, keeping dialogue going is a very important thing and I'm all for it. However, dumping our values just because we lost an election (albiet a big election in a big way) is not the path that I would encourage.

For a direction I would like to see the democratic party pursue, please see this article by Paul Krugman in the NYT. Oh, and yeah, I did copy the link from the Michael Moore site.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Liberal Blogs »
Blogarama - The Blog Directory this is a Proud Liberal Site